Monday, January 19, 2009

I made a humorous discovery yesterday. 99% of my wintertime photos are taken from inside my porch or standing just barely outside on the landing!! lol! Gee, wonder why that is?!

Actually there is a lot of beauty in the winter outdoors, if one can brave the cold. I'm also usually concerned about my camera in that weather, and of course the battery won't last very long in extreme temperatures.

I took these pictures yesterday during the snow storm (yes, from the porch...). The birds were quite busy staying warm!





This guy spent much of last winter hanging around our yard. It's a Barred Owl. It was such a treat to have an owl so close for so long!


I really enjoy watching the birds and will be participating in the annual winter Bird Count next month. If you are into birds at all it's a great way to help, and you can get more info and sign up at: http://www.birdsource.org/gbbc/

2 comments:

creativeamanda said...

Those picturees of the birds are awesome! What a beautiful image to remind you of God's creation throughout the insanly seemingly non-angelic weather you have had to endure recently!

Mikki said...

Love that picture of the barred owl! We have a couple that live in our woods but they are not white like that. VERY COOL!

 
Blog Design by Template-Mama.