Monday, January 5, 2009

Fuzzy Disney Math

You know, when you want something badly enough - something that you have some control over the outcome - you can usually find ways of making it happen. It might not make a lot of sense to other people, or, perhaps, even to you. But when you look at that something long enough...turn it sideways and look at it some more....flip it over and look even more....eventually you start to figure things in your head that do make sense.

That's where Fuzzy Disney Math comes in.

I'm a Disney Nut. My license plate on my van even says so. I have a whole lanyard of collector's pins hanging from my rear-view window, to remind me of my Favorite Place every time I drive somewhere. I stream Disney park and resort music from Live365.com nearly every day. I spend ridiculous amounts of time on The DIS Discussion boards, talking with complete strangers (and some not-so-stranger anymore!) about all things Disney. It just never gets old to me. Ever.

So I'm chatting away today with some of my DIS friends and as usual someone out there is planning a trip. A trip they really hadn't planned on taking this year. But they got a too-good-to-pass-it-up pin code, and a trip is born. The domino effect kicks in and I start thinking about how much I'd love a solo trip someday (yes my friends you have to be a bonafide Disney Nut to want to go there by yourself). Next thing you know, I'm on the official Disney web site pricing out said solo trip.

The grand total isn't so bad, in the big picture. But it's insane to even think I could possiby go there this year. Even if it isn't until the fall and I have plenty of time to gather the deposit and save for the balance.

Can you see the Fuzzy Disney Math here??!

I know lots of people who just cannot wrap their brains around a solo trip to Disney. But I can't wait for one. I love having time to myself. I'm comfortable with myself and don't always feel the need to have someone else around to talk to and such. It's not that I don't want my family around; that's not it at all. It's that a solo trip would afford me the chance to see Disney World entirely on my own schedule, see what I want to see without taking a vote on it, ride something 10 times in a row if I so choose! And to be honest, the chance to slow down and take in all the details. Hard to do with three active children in tow....! And those same active children have been to Disney World three times in their brief lives, just so you know.

And before you think I've left out my poor hubby, be advised that he and I are planning a special Disney trip for our 20th anniversary in three years!

So, there you have it. I'm looking at taking a solo trip to Disney World. This year.

4 comments:

Mikki said...

Your not too crazy..LOL.
Though my DH would be REALLY mad if I went to Disney without him.. He actually enjoys it more then me! ;-)

Although, I do know where your coming from. I enjoy it when we go to Disney and my DH and the kids go do something.. I just sit and people watch and enjoy wondering where everyone is from.

Good luck on planning that trip. Sounds like fun!

Kim @ Homesteader's Heart said...

LOL. My husband hates Disney and wouldn't care if I went or not lol. We get in free so that's always good or he probably wouldn't let me go. What if I followed you around and just "happen" to be there when you are lol.
Hugs.
Kim

Mikki said...

I just got an email with this info:
40% off at select Disney Value Resorts in a standard room for stays
most Sunday–Thursday nights.
Jan. 4–Jan. 15, 2009
Jan. 25–Feb. 12, 2009
Mar. 1–Mar. 12, 2009
May 31–Jun. 4, 2009

Thought you may be interested. You could find more info at www.mousesavers.com

creativeamanda said...

There is no such thing as fuzzy Disney math. All other forms of math are fuzzy, thereby making Disney math appear fuzzy.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

 
Blog Design by Template-Mama.