Monday, January 19, 2009

Countdown to Florida!!

No, not moving. Yet. But this coming weekend I am going to visit my dad for a few days and with the temperatures we've had in NH, I am even more excited about this trip! It's just me going, too, so it'll be a little Mom's retreat.

DH and I had a weekend to ourselves this past weekend. The boys went to my MIL for an overnight and we got to go out to dinner! We were supposed to go to Vermont to our favorite antique place yesterday but it snowed so that was right out. I can't wait to live where there's no snow to ruin my plans!!

Today the kids are off from school for MLK day. After the extended time off with the ice storm, lots of us are wondering why these little days off aren't cancelled in favor of NOT being in school until July! Of course if we move before the end of the school year, as I expect we will, my kids will be transferring and it won't apply to them anyway, so I'm not stressing it right now.

Speaking of school, my younger two seem to want to home school again. I am definitely open to that after we move, if possible. I wrote an article for The Old Schoolhouse magazine's new e-book on the subject. I wrote it almost a year ago and the book was just recently published, so it was kind of funny to get my copy and read my chapter, now that I have all the kids in school again. Well, life is like that sometimes and you've got to learn to go with the flow.

Wow, this blog entry is full of all manner of topics, isn't it?! We went from a trip to Florida to home schooling. Someone needs to show me how to put a list of topics in my sidebar there so I can be a little more bl-organized!! ha ha!

1 comment:

Kim @ Homesteader's Heart said...

Wow, so you're going to join us for a little bit, huh? It's funny the high today is 73 and it's gorgeous, the high Tuesday is 59 and windy lol. Don't bring that cold weather down here ha ha!
And as far as weather messing up plans don't forget the occasional hurricane here lol. It's not all sunshine and roses! LOL.
Hey if you want labels on your side bar just go to your layout and hit new gadget and click on add labels then when you post just put the label at the bottom of the post and it will be all organized for you.
Hugs.
Kim

 
Blog Design by Template-Mama.