Saturday, January 10, 2009

Clutter, clutter everywhere....

Ugh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hate clutter. I think most people do, but we just have such a habit of collecting it that it often seems out of control and then you get to the point of not wanting to tackle it, so you put it off and put it off and it snowballs and....

...well, you get the point!

We have lived in this house for six years now. I am amazed - amazed!! - at how much "stuff" a person can accumulate in that span of time. I am starting to look at our house and our stuff in terms of having to pack it up and move it somewhere, which puts a whole new spin on it. A high cupboard, a dark closet corner, and my all-time favorite ~the kitchen junk drawer~! I wish I knew where we were going as I begin this monumental task, but basically I'm looking at the task with the view of down-sizing. I will assume that we will not have as much room as we do now. It is also a 100% certainty that in Florida, we will not have a basement.

Oh my basement, how I love thee.... What manner of treasures forgotten do you hold safely against your strong concrete walls...faithfully protecting against moth and rust...always at the ready when a need calls.

It's also freezing cold down there right now and it does not beckon me to spend time weeding junk out of boxes!

I am dreading the purging of the kids' toys most of all. Too. Much. Stuff. And they tend to be pack-rats. I may buy each boy a large plastic storage bin. If you can fit it in there, you can bring it along. Consider carefully and make some choices!

Oh this is going to be an adventure in itself, this purging & decluttering...

No comments:

 
Blog Design by Template-Mama.