Friday, January 30, 2009

Friday Funnies

I don't have a whole slew of giggles for ya today but I do have a few quotes from my kids through the years that I wrote down so that I would never forget them. Leave it to children to say it like it is!

From my 7-yr. old son just yesterday:
I was working on a cross-stitch project and had been struggling with the floss and the particular needle I was using. He could hear my sighs of frustration so when I finally yelled "Oh for the love of Pete!" he replied "Who's Pete?" I chuckled and said "Oh he's no one, it's just an expression. I'm having a problem with my thread, that's all." His response?......"Well, it's not Pete's fault!"

From my 12-yr. old son, several years ago when he was probably 6 or 7:
Driving through one of NH's small cities, we passed by a Pizzeria Uno restaurant. He promptly thought aloud, "Pizzeria Uno.....Hmm, I wonder when they're going to make a "Dos"?"

From the 7-yr. old, last summer while wrestling with his oldest brother:
The oldest said (in fun), "I'm gonna beat the living daylights out of ya!" to which the 7-yr. old replied with some confusion, "I don't have any daylights!"

From the 9-yr. old recently:
Our kitchen has a built-in pantry with double-doors. It's not a walk-in but has rather deep shelves. The snacks are on the middle shelf where the boys can get something when they want it, but sometimes they have to reach back to see what all is there. With my back to the pantry as I was doing dishes, I suddenly heard a muffled voice exclaim "Hey!....now I know what it's like to be a snack!" I turned to find my middle son leaning into the back of the pantry as far he could, with the doors closed around on his back.....!

And finally, the sweetest one ever:

From the 7-yr. old when he was 4:
At bedtime my sweet little boy gave me a hug and said "You're the best mamma ever!" I told him that was very sweet to say and that I loved being his mamma. To which he replied: "And I love being your boy."


Have a fantastic Friday everyone!

8 comments:

Kim @ Homesteader's Heart said...

Oh I love those. I love the snack one. Too cute.
Blessings to you my friend.
Kim

Susan said...

Oh those were so cute. I'm so glad your remembered and now have them recorded! They will enjoy them too one day♥

Have a blessed day!!

Sherry @ Lamp Unto My Feet said...

LOL! Too cute! Kids say the funniest things. My son asked the preacher if there was going to be golf in heaven so he could play then he asked him at another time if there was going to be pizza. LOL! :D

Have a great weekend!
Sherry

Laurie Ann said...

Priceless! Kids are so cute. Yours sound precious! I love the snack one. LOL! Happy Friday!

Anonymous said...

Love the snack comment! What a great idea to write those things down! I'm off to find a notebook!

Addicted to Beadz said...

Love those! Kids always say the funniest things!

Thanks for sharing!

Cheryl

Kelly said...

Great!!! LOL!! Nice to meet another Orlando gal!! NOt loving this weather, but gimme a day or two!! Have a great weekend!! Thanks for stopping by! You are welcome anytime!

Debra Kaye said...

So nice to meet ya! These were great! Happy Friday to you!

 
Blog Design by Template-Mama.