Saturday, May 30, 2009

It's summertime and the readin' is good!

I love reading over the summer. Something about it, maybe the oft-described "lazy days of summer," I don't know! I know some families who keep very busy schedules in the summer, but not us. Typcially, when we were in NH, summer was a time of going to the town beach at the lake on a hot afternoon, going out for ice cream in the evening, and maybe a camping trip once or twice before Labor Day. I know it will be different here in FL, but still, summer is just a slower time and one to relax in.

I'll be putting a Summer Reading List over on my sidebar soon. I've decided that instead of putting up a list of books that I want to read and crossing them off as I go, I'm going to list them as I finish them. I have a goal of 10 books, and approx. 12 weeks to read them (since we are homeschooling next year I will busier than ever come September!!).

Now, if you'll excuse me, it's time to dig through some boxes and pull out a good book!

---------------------

ETA: I have placed my first book in the Summer Reading List. I didn't just read that in a marathon weekend, but I did finish it today and read fully half of it. It also deserves the top place in my list. Dewey's story is so much more than just a cat story...it's the story of his town, his people, and the lives he touched. A moving and heart-warming book!

1 comment:

Jill @ Sneaky Momma said...

Sounds like a great goal! I absolutely love to read, after my girls have gone to bed and I have drawn a nice, hot bath. :)

 
Blog Design by Template-Mama.