Sunday, May 17, 2009

Gospel for Asia

I wanted to dedicate a post to an organization that is not new to me, but that we RE-newed to me today during our church service. It is Gospel for Asia and if you have a heart for the lost at all, I encourage you to check them out and PRAY.

The founder, K.P. Yohannan, spoke at our church today. I've heard missionary messages before, but his brought me to tears. I chalk that up to the urging of the Holy Spirit; I consider myself to be a compassionate person, but when the Lord really wants to impress something on your heart, He doesn't waste time! Of course we can respond or not, that is our choice. But I can't ignore the plight of these people. Many, if not most, of the people who GFA helps and ministers to are the Dalits, or "Untouchables"...the lowest class in the caste system...and considered by upper-classes to be sub-human and a contamination to society. Can you imagine being a little child and trying to grow up in a world like that?

I can't "go" there myself, but others can, and do. As a matter of fact they have quite a few native missionaries there, those who grew up right in the heart of the country they now serve in. Often they are the most effective, I think.

Before we left church today, I filled out the sponsership card and stopped by the table that was full of photos and info packets on kids in this most impoverished part of the world. It was a big step of faith for me to commit to sponsoring a child right now, but compared to how these children live, I may as well be a queen in a palace. God moved on my heart and I trust Him for the provision.



"See that you do not look down on one of these little ones. For I tell you that their angels in heaven always see the face of my Father in heaven." ~Matthew 18:10-11~

No comments:

 
Blog Design by Template-Mama.