Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Hey, LegoMom!....

....you just sold some stuff on eBay!....what are you gonna do now?!




"I'm going to DISNEY WORLD!!"


Well, for a day, anyway. Yes, that's right...one little day.

But hey!...I can go for "a day!" Up and back! In the same day!!

I had money put aside for passes for all 5 of us, but alas it was consumed in The Move. Which just depresses the heck outta me..... But, it just means I've got to save up again, which I'll do. Summer black-out season is coming anyway - when it's too hot and too crowded to go. So, hopefully by September, I'll be ready!

But, in the meantime, I have a gals-only day coming up that I am SOOO excited for! A couple of friends from New England are coming down for a long weekend and they've asked me to join them for a day! I'm going on their Epcot day. This serves two purposes: 1) I can see the Flower & Garden festival before it goes, and 2) I can use said festival as a deterrent to my kids and explanation as to why Mom is going to Disney without them! lol! I keep telling them Yes, I'm going to Epcot, but I'm meeting two other ladies and we're seeing the Flower and Garden stuff. It's kind of working....

However, given our current financial state, I had to dig out some old treasures and blow the dust off and put 'em up for sale on eBay in order to afford this day out. One day at Disney may as well be a week!! Oy. But I digress. Right now, I need this trip. This one, golden day in the sun, as it were. A day to be free, to escape reality, to be in my favorite place in the whole world....

Yep, I'm going to like living this close just fine....!

2 comments:

Kim @ Homesteader's Heart said...

Well I hope you have fun my friend. We should meet up there one day. My brother could get us in free. Though getting away is the hard part. I usually go with my best friend and my daughter and we ride all the rides. I hope you have fun. Say hi to my brother while you're at Epcot. He's a chef in Norway. They have the best buffet. He's Chris if you actually get to eat there.
Hugs to you
Kim

Mikki said...

Sounds like a wonderful day!! Hope you have a great time.
We are missing the Flower and Garden show.. we didn't renew our passes this year so we are missing some things..

Hope all starts going well soon. Hang in there. It was hard on us (still kind of is) adjusting from MD to here. The way of living down here is SOO different.. work is different, money is different,.. it takes awhile to get used to.

Have fun escaping for a day and soak it all up :-)

 
Blog Design by Template-Mama.