Monday, February 9, 2009

An "educational" trip?!

So we're taking a trip to New York City for a couple of days over the kids' winter break from school. Can you say "culture shock?"!! They've been to Boston, but never anything like the Big Apple. I've only been there once, and that was years ago.

But, we're all excited and looking forward to it. It's only a 4-hr. drive from here and one of those things that we always wonder, why haven't we done this?! The kids are excited about going to the American Museum of Natural History, where "Night at the Museum" was based (one of our favorite movies!).

We're going to ride the subway to get around, which should be an adventure in itself. I'm trying to do my homework and "learn" the system so I have a clue once we arrive. The more you look and act like you know what you're doing, the better. Tomorrow I'm heading to the bookstore to see if I can find a nice concise guide and a laminated map. There's a ton of free info on the web, of course, but I hate having to go dig it up. I'm a book gal!

4 comments:

Robyn said...

Oh My that sounds like fun, enjoy!

Kim @ Homesteader's Heart said...

I can't wait to hear about your trip my friend.
Hugs.
Kim

Jill @ Sneaky Momma said...

I would love to visit New York. Your kids will be in awe of that bustling city!

TuTu's Bliss said...

HAve fun!!

 
Blog Design by Template-Mama.