Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Book challenge!

I'm overdue for a post in this little blog, but really grasping at thin air for something to write about! Sad. I thought writers were supposed to be full of inspiration?!...lol! I guess that's what they call Writer's Block.

Anyway, something I've been thinking of lately is trying to get in more time to read. Mostly that means keeping the tv off at night. I'm in the middle of a few really good books, and I'd like to finish them and do a little review here on my blog.

If you're a regular reader of my blog, or even if you're not and you just popped in or followed someone else over, I'd like to open up a book challenge. See how much you can read in a week, or a month, or whatever time frame will motivate you to read a bit more. Especially if you're in a northern climate, it's a great time of year to curl up with a good book! So...

*What have you read lately?
*Briefly summarize the book.
*Tell us a little of what you liked or didn't like.

Sounds like a book report from grade school, huh?!! lol!!

I'm going to post once a week on my own progress, and I'll probably do it on Thursdays. If you want to join in once, or every week, or once in a while, that's fine! Just leave me a comment with a link to your blog entry.

Happy Reading!

1 comment:

Kim @ Homesteader's Heart said...

Okay I won't rub in the beautiful weather we are having right now LOL. Who has time to read? Oh yeah, YOU do! LOL. Just kidding my friend. I love reviewing books I read. I actually have a label on my side bar of a few I've done. I'd take on your challenge but I was just saying at the dinner table tonight how I don't have the time, only because I like to read without interruption and that doesn't happen while the kids are awake and then when they go to bed I'm exhausted and can only read about 4 pages. Did you need to know all that? LOL.
I'll have to think about this!!!!
Hugs.
Kim

 
Blog Design by Template-Mama.