Sunday, July 5, 2009

Texas trip

Our trip to Texas was VERY good! If the last little details fall into place, we should be heading over around the middle of August. I absolutely loved it...It's a little paradise out there and a homestead just waiting to happen. I have so many ideas already!

It's a 2-day road trip, so here is what two days of boredom in the van can do to a 9-yr. old boy....!


The approach to the Texas state line over the Sabine River on I-10...

THIS is the view from the front porch! There was a bench swing on the porch and every morning I went out with my Bible and a cup of coffee and sat and soaked up the peacefulness...

Cute candid shot of father and son fishing! The pond is full of perch and a few bass...

My future chicken coop!! This housed exotic birds of some kind at one point, but is perfect for chickens....

*sigh*.....The barn....! There is already a large enclosed area behind the barn as well a couple of run-in sheds. Can you say "horses" ?!!

Looking at the house from across the pond....

The road from the house to the main part of camp....

I have really grown to love Florida while we've been here, but it is clearly not our final destination. It's expensive to live here and DH hasn't found sustainable work. As he put it, all the conveniences in the world don't matter if you don't have any money to use them! Too true. Actually the camp, while quite isolated itself, is only 20 minutes from a major town with all the same stuff we have here in Florida, so it's not like we're going to a little tiny rural hamlet.

I think it's going to be a great new adventure!

2 comments:

Kim @ Homesteader's Heart said...

Wow it looks really beautiful! We are going to miss you here in Florida! I thought I'd get to meet you at least once!*sigh* But I totally understand that you gotta do what you gotta do!
HUGS!
Kim

Mikki said...

Hey there!
So glad to see that things are coming together for you. Looks like a wonderful place.

Love the new blog look too. BEAUTIFUL!!

 
Blog Design by Template-Mama.