Monday, June 8, 2009

A reading fool

Yep, that's what I've become! I just added Book #2 (officially) to my Summer Reading List!! Yahoo! I read this one in a matter of days. It's a travel narrative and I devour those. It's also by a favorite author of mine who specializes in that genre, so it was all the more appealing. I found this book at the library last week and had never heard of that title by Peter Jenkins, so I was immediately intrigued. Reading the synopsis on the back, I discovered that the voyage this time was all along the Gulf coast of America - from the farthest Florida keys to the Texas border with Mexico. Living on part of that very coast as I do now, I was hooked. And it did not disappoint.

In between my official summer reading, I also managed to finally finish James Michener's "Texas." I started reading it a couple of years ago (just picking it up now and then when I had time) so I don't count it as part of my summer reading. But I'm thrilled to have finally finished it! In hardcover form, it's two volumes!! Quite an interesting history that state has.

I have no idea what to read next! I should probably sort through my still-packed boxes and dig out some gem, some title that once captured my attention but sat, alone on the bookshelf, pushed aside by Life.

Time to read!

No comments:

 
Blog Design by Template-Mama.