Monday, June 15, 2009

Food "shortage"

So, I'm wondering, are they making lasagna noodles shorter than they used to?? I've been making lasagna for years. I buy different brands of noodles depending on price, but it's a product that is fairly consistent regardless.

Over the last few months (and including before we moved so I can't blame it on the South!...lol!) I have noticed that when I'm putting the noodles into my 9x13 pan, they no longer run the full length....Instead, the come up about an inch shy of the edge!

Remember when you could make a meal in the ol' 9x13 pan and really feel like you made something hearty?! Now I feel cheated. I guess I'll have to start cooking an extra noodle to lay the short way and fill in that gap! ;)

On a similar note, anyone notice that a "half gallon" of ice cream is really only 1.75 quarts?! (except for Publix own brand - woo hoo a real half gallon!!)

2 comments:

Kim @ Homesteader's Heart said...

I've noticed that too my friend. And they try to trick you on the ice cream as they made the bottom go in and left the top the same so it still "looks" like a half gallon.
HUGS
Kim

MaryContrary said...

I think this is a common phenomenon. We have stopped buying ice cream (will go out for a shake or something instead), boxed cereals (cost the same as a pound of steak and are too sugar laden), and have seen the same thing with the juices which were once 64 ounces but now rarely exceed 48 for the old price.

 
Blog Design by Template-Mama.