Tuesday, October 6, 2009

The battle in my head rages on....!

So I posted recently about a horse for sale that I'd stumbled upon. For better or for worse, I went to see him yesterday. He's perfect for us in every sense of the word.

But, I have a long-weekend birthday trip to Disney booked for January. It's a solo trip, which I have always wanted. I can cancel without penalty. But I can't buy a horse and take a trip. The trip and the horse cost about the same up front. The horse is a long-term deal, but obviously will require ongoing upkeep in feed, vet, farrier, etc.. The trip is only 3 days, but financially, once it's over, it's over. The trip benefits only me; the horse would also benefit at least my youngest son (who's also horse-crazy...he got to ride the horse yesterday and was absolutely thrilled!).

I've been to Disney 5 times in the last 6 years. I haven't had a horse since before my oldest was born, and he turns 13 in a month. It seems like a no-brainer, I guess. I think I'm waging this war in my head because of the long-term aspect of having a horse. And because I have that solo trip to WDW in my grasp. If I keep the trip, I'll lose the chance at this particular horse. Not that there aren't others out there to choose from. But he's SO perfect....

Oh help.....


.

1 comment:

Mikki said...

Phew. That's a tough decision. Being a Disney lover and a horse lover I can so relate.
Horses are an on going expense, but they bring sooo much joy. I had one for over 5 years and loved him so much.
You know, when you can see a LONG line of memories with your family verses just a few days by yourself at Disney.. I don't know.. I'd lean more towards the horse then Disney..
Disney will always be there...
Keep us posted on what you decided!

 
Blog Design by Template-Mama.