Thursday, April 1, 2010

So I bought....

a new computer yesterday!  That's a first for me.  All my previous computers were pass-alongs from my dad, except for the last one which was bought new, by him, for me.  He's a computer whiz so I fully trust his judgment on these things.

But alas, the time had come where I needed to put my big girl panties on and step out into this unknown territory alone!...lol!  Now, I'm not completely computer-illiterate.  Far from it.  Actually, years ago I worked for "PC Connection," which is a very large mail-order company.  Back then I could tell you anything and everything about computers.  But given that the industry changes almost faster than you can change your mind, it's hard to keep up once you get away from it.

My last computer I'd had just about 4 years.  It's not a dinosaur, but it's far faster and more advanced than the oldie that my 13-yr old son had.  And this son is an up-and-coming animator, I'll tell ya!!  He's really into making little movies (stop-motion, no less.....where is all that patience when we're doing school?!!...lol!) and he's GOOD at it.  But his poor computer couldn't keep up with the graphics demands and kept crashing or freezing.  So, I gave him my computer.....*sigh*

I had thought I'd use my laptop, but after one day I knew that wasn't going to fly for a long-term solution.  I wasn't looking to spend money on a computer right now, but since we use it so much for home schooling, I justified it as a "need" and plunked down the bucks.  But I actually got a good deal, and only plunked down a couple hundred bucks as opposed to many hundreds! ;)  It's not a top-of-the-line model, but it's made for home & student use and has everything I need and plenty of memory and a large hard drive.


I'll let you know how it works out!

1 comment:

Kim @ Homesteader's Heart said...

Woo! Hoo! Don't you just love getting a new piece of technology? LOL!
I hope it works out for you.
Hugs
KIm

 
Blog Design by Template-Mama.