Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Bye 2008!!!


I, for one, am quite happy to see this year go away. Aside from the fantastic trip to Disney we got to take in September, this year was not kind to us. At all. Only God knows what 2009 will bring, but I am oh so hopefull that it will be better! In some ways, it really cannot get any worse.

And, as I write this, it is snowing again. Messing up our plans for the day. SO sick of winter plans hinging on whether or not you can get out!!! DH nearly took a header yesterday just trying to bring some wood in for the stove. The last thing we need is him laid up and unable to work. Two weeks of the flu last month were bad enough!

I wish I were more hopeful as I look ahead to '09. I guess two years of being mentally and emotionally battered with "almost"-s has taken its toll on me. I just can't get excited about any of it anymore. I just want out. I need to turn that corner in my life and move on to the next thing.

On that note, I think I'll spend today scrapbooking more pictures from our Disney trip and listening to park music. It's the next best thing to being there!




2 comments:

Kim @ Homesteader's Heart said...

It amazes me how many blogs I've read that say this past year has been horrible. Mine included lol. I hope for a better year as well and I hope for a better one for you.
Hang in there my friend. You should have called me in September lol. I could have met up with you at Disney!

Mikki said...

Hello there! I love your blog!
Being a northern girl now in Florida I can totally sympathize with you wanting to me here.
Sounds like your a Disney lover as is our family :-)

Hope to be back by to visit soon!

 
Blog Design by Template-Mama.