Friday, October 3, 2008

Would someone please turn down the silence?

Wow....

So the kids are away this weekend and DH is at work.

It's quiet in here...!

I almost don't know what to do with myself. Read? Scrapbook? Watch a movie? (or blog! lol!) These are rare moments. And it's really weird for the house to be this quiet. When DH and I go away for a weekend, the peace and quiet is "normal" and doesn't seem out of place. But here in my own home, which is usually bustling with some sort of noise or the other, it is quite out of place!

Which is not a complaint, mind you.

I do have a nice fire crackling in the wood stove; haven't heard that sound in a while. This is the first year out of 6 that we've had a stove hooked up here. But with fuel prices as they are, the less propane I have to burn this winter, the better. Most of our wood we've acquired for free, which is a huge blessing! And somehow I'd just rather my money go to local forestry operations than foreign oil companies.

And that's all I have to say about that.

Nice as the fire is, I would so much rather be sitting on a lanai and listening to the breeze rustle through my palm tree.....

*sigh*

No comments:

 
Blog Design by Template-Mama.